BRITISH BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION (BBKA)
The object of the BBKA is to promote and further the craft of beekeeping and to advance the education of the public in the importance of bees in the environment.
Being a member of the BBKA gives you these benefits:
- BBKA News
- Public Liability Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance
- Bee Disease Insurance available
- Free Information Leaflets to Download
- Members Password Protected Area and Discussion Forum
- Correspondence Courses
- Examination and Assessment Programme
- Telephone Information
- Research Support
- Legal advice
- Representation and lobbying of Government, EU and official bodies
The BBKA is the controlling body for beekeeping in England and under it are the Counties of which Middlesex is one.
The Federation of Middlesex Beekeepers' Associations, known as the "Middlesex Federation" or the "Federation", is our local area association of the BBKA. Through our membership of the Federation, our members become members of the BBKA with its benefits outlined below.
The aims of the BBKA, the Middlesex Federation and North London Beekeepers are all relatively similar and relate to the furtherance of the craft of beekeeping and education of the public in its importance.
The Federation has the following functions:
- Organisation of the Middlesex classes of the National Honey Show in late Autumn and awarding cups and prizes for the best entries.
- Organisation of a Beekeeping day of lectures in February/March.
- Sending a delegate to the BBKA's Annual Delegates Meeting. This includes the co-ordination and agreed voting of any proposals put forward by other counties.
- Co-ordination of BBKA's policies and notifying the associations of these. These may be regarding disease and its treatment, health & safety issues for honey production, administration etc.
To contact the Federation click here
The Federation is made up of the following Associations:
Go to top